I love frangipane based tarts but sometimes I don’t have the time or energy to make pastry so I just pop the frangipane mixture into some loose bottomed tart tins with whatever fruit or nuts I have lying around. If you’re making them for breakfast, sprinkle some oats on top
The timing will vary depending on how deep your tart tins are. The ones below are for 7cm x 1.5 cm circular tins and this recipe makes about 6.
- 115g soft unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g ground almonds
- 30g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 200g or so of blueberries
- Handful of pecans
TO MAKE THEM
- Preheat the oven on to 160C and grease your tart tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. I do this on speed 3 on my Kitchenaid.
- Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs together and weigh out the ground almonds and plain flour.
- When the creamed mixture is light and fluffy, slowly add about a third of the eggs and a third of the ground almond and flour mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining two thirds and then divide the mixture between your tins.
- Pop some blueberries around the sides and a pecan in the middle.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes til they are golden brown on top.
- Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche or ice cream