If you like Tart Au Citron you will love this and it’s much much easier to make. This is a fabulous ‘bung-it-all-the-in-the-processor’ recipe. Literally! I have made this in a pie dish and 25cm cake tin. Either works well. What you’ll end up with is a soft, thin pastry layer, a lemon flavoured tart filling in the centre and a crunchy coconut topping. Magical.
- 4 eggs
- 60g Stork or soft unsalted butter
- 240g caster sugar
- 60g self raising flour
- 90g dessicated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 375ml whole milk
- Fresh raspberries, blackberries or blueberries or soured cream to serve
- Icing sugar for dusting
- A food processor
- A 25cm pie dish or cake tin
To make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C . Wait until the oven is ready before you start with the ingredients.
- Grease a 25cm pie dish or cake tin and set aside.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until blended. Do this for a good 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pie dish/cake tin and bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour. It will be slightly coming away from the sides.
- Once baked, leave it to stand for about 15 minutes and then serve with a dusting of icing sugar and some raspberries or a dollop of sour cream.