Praline is wonderfully simple to make and you can use it to decorate so many dishes – instead of a wafer on ice cream, crumbled onto a chocolate mousse…Or you can simply eat it on its own. I made these hearts for our little advent calender as an alternative to chocolate.
- 150g caster sugar
- 120g flaked almonds
To make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Heat the sugar in a pan over a low heat and leave it to dissolve until it’s a light caramel colour.
- Quickly stir in all the almonds until they are all covered and turn the mixture out on to the baking tray.
- Flatten it out to a thin layer and then bake for 5 minutes.
- Working really quickly while it is still hot, cut out shapes using a metal cutter of your choice. You can pop it back in the oven to soften if you’re struggling.
- Leave the shapes to cool.