Don’t be put off by the word ‘loaf’. This is a really quick recipe that needs no rising. It uses self raising flour and if you make it in mini loaf tins, it takes just 20 minutes to bake. You can also slice the loaf into 5mm slices and toast them so have instant crackers to have with cheese when you get the late night munchies.
- 250g self raising flour
- 125g grated cheddar cheese
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 250ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 30g butter
- 80g green olives. I used lovely garlic stuff Fragata olives
- 8 mini loaf tins
To make them
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease the mini loaf tins.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Chop the olives and set aside.
- Mix together the milk, egg and melted butter
- Put the flour, cheese, sunflower seeds and olives into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together and then pour over the milky mixture.
- Mix it all together til it’s all combined and you should have a sticky dough.
- Spoon it into the greased mini loaf tins and then bake for about 20-25 minutes. They should be golden brown over the top and a cocktail stick should come out clean.
- Leave them to cool in their tins for a few minutes and then turn them out on to a cooling rack.
- If you are making the little toasts, then slice the loaves thinly and pop them back into the oven on a baking tray for about 15 minutes til crisp.